Last Week in Pony - May 21, 2017
Last Week In Pony is a weekly blog post to catch you up on the latest news for the Pony programming language. To learn more about Pony check out our website, our Twitter account @ponylang, our users’ mailing list or join us on IRC.
Got something you think should be featured? There’s a GitHub issue for that! Add a comment to the open “Last Week in Pony” issue.
A Call for Help!
- Anyone interested in porting Pony to work on 64-bit ARM? If yes, we could use a maintainer, chime in on issue #1719.
Items of note
- A new version of Ponylang-mode, the Emacs mode for Pony, was released. Release notes are available.
- Audio from the May 10, 2017, Pony Development Sync is available for your listening pleasure. Lots of type system and some wonderful discussion of the fun that is computers and dates.
- RFC:34 Bare methods and lambdas has been merged to master. RFC 34 is going to be a great boon to interfacing with some libraries via C-FFI that wasn’t previously possible. Want to work with a C library that uses function pointers as callbacks? Awesome, because now we have you covered.
Interested in making a change, or keeping up with changes to Pony? Check out the RFC repo. Contributors welcome!
- String concatenation syntax: A new syntax for concatenating
Stringables) that generates efficient code for creating the final