Last Week in Pony - August 27, 2017
Last Week In Pony is a weekly blog post to catch you up on the latest news for the Pony programming language. To learn more about Pony check out our website, our Twitter account @ponylang, or our Zulip community.
Got something you think should be featured? There’s a GitHub issue for that! Add a comment to the open “Last Week in Pony” issue.
Pony 0.18.1 released
Pony 0.18.1 is a high priority bug fix release that has no breaking changes. Upgrading as soon as possible is recommended. Full details are in the release notes.
Items of note
- Pony now supports DragonFly BSD 4.8.
- Audio from the August 23, 2017, Pony development sync is available.
News and Blog Posts
- Andrew Turley has made a very basic IRC server and client demo in Pony. https://github.com/aturley/pony-irc-demo
- From Gordon Tisher… “So as a learning exercise I’ve implemented yet another PEG parsing library. No use of actors, but it can handle left recursion. No doubt has many beginner infelicities.”
- From Andrew Turley… “If you’re thinking of checking out the Pony programming language, here’s a list of things that I think are important to know. This list is based on a Tweet that I wrote.”
Interested in making a change, or keeping up with changes to Pony? Check out the RFC repo. Contributors welcome!